As the post-pandemic 2022 continues to develop, it’s important to look forward and discuss what’s up next for the real estate investment market. At the end of 2021, the real estate market was booming, and that looks to continue for 2022. What are some of the single-family home trends you’ll need to know as 2022 continues?
Las Vegas Real Estate Investment
As Home365 enters the Las Vegas market, several key trends have emerged that are essential knowledge for Vegas area homeowners. Investment trends include:
- More sales inventory. More and more Vegas homeowners are choosing to sell, a trend deemed likely to continue into 2022.
- Home sales rates are slowing. In May 2022, experts reported a listings increase, but overall sales were down 8.8% for homes and 6.6% for condos and townhomes. This could make for a more affordable real estate investment as inventory continues to grow.
- A buyer’s market incentivizes property acquisition. With the above factors contributing to a buyer’s market in Las Vegas, it’s easier than ever to purchase and rent a single-family home.
Miami Real Estate Investment
Another Sunshine Belt market Home365 has entered, Miami shows multiple fascinating trends as it overtakes Los Angeles to become the second-most expensive housing market. As we continue 2022, look for these insights in Miami:
- Real estate investment in Miami has become a growing trend with both foreign and domestic investors, however, experts say without a long-term plan, many investors are left over their heads.
- The market in Miami remains hot, but with many of the moratoriums set to expire from the pandemic, a surge in foreclosures could soon follow. However, these can become lucrative investments as rental prices have nearly doubled, making real estate investment in rehabs and foreclosures more appealing.
- Real estate investments are poised to be lucrative. With a reduction in the availability of single-family homes, demand increases. Therefore, investments you make in Miami property stand to carry higher rent amounts and draw more tenants.
Los Angeles Real Estate Investment
The final new market we’ll cover is Los Angeles, one of the largest markets in the country. Upcoming 2022 trends worth keeping an eye on include:
- Rising property values mean increased tenant populations. As home prices in LA continue to rise, many people lack the means to purchase a home and prefer to rent instead. This steady supply of prospective tenants is good news for owners.
- Appreciation rates are expected to remain steady. If you already own a property in the city, expect it to continue to appreciate moderately through 2022, cementing LA’s reign as one of the best investments in the nation.
- The market is beginning to cool as mortgage and inflation rates rise. This could be good news for real estate investments as sellers are lowering prices to meet the rising inventory.
For more information about these markets or to see how Home365 can help you become a more effective, more profitable investor, contact us today. Alternately, fill out our contact sheet for a free quote.